Friday, September 2, 2011

"tjockis"

It Happened Again. I did really well in school today, I participated in class, even joined a study group during our lunch break. But it was ruined by another nasty comment. "Hej Tjockis! Hör du det?" Hey Fatty! Did you hear that? (that being me calling you fatty)

I really don't know what to do about this. I don't have the guts to confront them, honestly if I did I'd probably end up crying in front of them while mumbling incoherent Swedish which would make the comments worse I'm sure. I WANT to study and I WANT to succeed in school, but to be honest I never want to step foot in that building again. If this is what the first week of school is like, how the HELL am I going to do a year?

I'm frustrated by how much these comments effect me. I know that they come from these teenagers insecurities about themselves and so forth, but no matter how much I rationalize it, it HURTS. It just hurts... I have enough trouble with issues of weight and diet without them antagonizing it. I don't want to shut down and drop out of school, but the risk potential is growing, and that both frightens, and deeply saddens me. I don't want to care what they say, I don't want too let it get under my skin, but I cant help it. It makes me cry every time. I've emailed my guidance counceler about it, though I doubt anything can be done...

also, I'm giving up coffee.

Love,
Mango Kitty

No comments:

Post a Comment