Monday, October 3, 2011

Recovery

I survived!!!

The Move.
The move went smoothly, we got all the furniture in, though some of it had to be broken down into little pieces. Much thanks to Sören who managed to put our couch back together! Ammi, Sören, and Susan were absolutily wonderful during the move, shuffaling boxes and setting up furniture. And an extra thanks to Ammi for helping get our old appartment ready for turning over the keys. I'm lucky to have Inlaws as wonderful as I do! It's still chaos in the apartment but it's soooo much better than it was. The kitchen is now usable, and we have TV, phone, and Internet. The cats are adjusting well, though Mi-Go spent the first day under the bed. It's not strange he was scared and stressed, we got him when he was 8 weeks old and had only left our old apartment once and that was to get castrated! But he's doing much better and out and about eating well and all that good stuff. Indi didn't really have much of a problem, by the end of the first day she was rolling around for belly rubs, though she had moved before so it wasn't as much of a shock for her.
We've met some of our neighbors and they're really really nice, they came up for coffee yesterday. I just love this apartment, I love the environment it's in, I love that I'm not afraid here, and I love that there's a bus stop RIGHT out front of the building.


The wedding.
The wedding was beautiful. Beautiful weather, beautiful couple. There was no crying, no hissy fits, no disasters. The worst thing that happened over the entire day was that the groom stepped in dog shit! The day started with wine at the hairdresser. (who tried to convince me to go to school for hairdressing!) after we were all dolled up the photographer came and we went around town and then into the woods for some BEAUTIFUL shots of the couple. The weather could not have been better for an outdoor wedding in October, and the ceremony was beautiful. And the after dinner entertainment was a FREAKING FIRE SHOW!!! These two guys danced with fire to Rammstein, it was SOOOOOOO cool! All in all a beautiful day.

And as if this post wasn't long enough...
I met with my guidance counselor today at school and am now studying from home! I'm super excited about this, and I'm going to keep my teacher, we're just going to communicate via email instead of going to class. Tonight I'm going to figure out my schedule, and then it's back to the books!

For now, I'm going to bed :)

Love,
Mango Kitty

No comments:

Post a Comment