Saturday, July 20, 2013

Lion-Dogs

Last week I went to a dog show with my friend Marina who I work with.  She has three Leonbergers, and she showed 2 of them, Hunney and Bobbo.  I went with her as "crew".  This is what a Leonberger looks like. They are NOT little dogs!

Anyhoo, the dogs showed great,  I was in charge of keeping them, (and Marina) calm and happy and cool (it was very warm) by providing shade, cold water blanket soaks, and a bit of love.  Marina said I did so well that she is "claiming" me as crew for all of her future dogshows forever!  She even bought me a gift because I did so good!

I love dogs.  I love their attitudes, their personalities, I love observing them, interacting with them, I even love the way they stink!  The make me calm, happy, and confident.  They are what my future career will be.  I am going to be a professional dog trainer.  It's decided.  End of story!
I'm investigating getting an on-line degree in dog training.  The course includes book learning, tests, and lectures, but also hands on work with dogs, which you video record and send into the teachers so they see what you are doing and can advise you based on that.  I have about 15 dogs available for me to train on threw my friends and work.  I'm really excited about this, and am pretty sure I'm going to do it!  Yay!  I'm going to end up with an education after all! :P

Now I'm going to go spend some quality time with Indi while I can...  She's gotten so aggressive toward Mi-Go that it's come to the point where we have to re-home her. We don't know where yet, but once we find a good home for her, she's going to move.  We are all very very sad about this, but we have to do what is right for her and she is incredibly unhappy sharing a home with another cat :(

Love,
Mango Kitty


No comments:

Post a Comment