Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Hurray!

I am happy to report that yesterday went swimmingly!  I helped groom two dogs, one Maltese and one Miniature Poodle, and it was so much fun!  I was crazy nervous, like shaking nervous,  but once I got started it came back to me and they  seemed rather pleased with my work :)

The  two owners both have 5 dogs, and compete with them in dog shows.  I must have made a good impression sense they asked me yesterday (my FIRST DAY) if I wanted to be their "Kennel Girl" and go to dog shows with them to help out!!!  Super excited about this,  I hope it's something that actually happens! 

They are both very calm and gentle with the dogs, which I like, and they both showed general interest who I am.  One of them is actually Finnish, and moved to Sweden for Love (Sound familiar???)  So we spent a lot of time talking about what it's like to move to a new country and basically start over again from scratch.  It's nice to have someone I can relate to on that level. 

All and all yesterday was a great day, we had so much fun that we actually lost track of time and I missed my buss!  So a half hour of overtime on my first day, but I didn't mind at all :)

Hurray!

Love,
Miss Mango

No comments:

Post a Comment