Friday, January 4, 2013

Epilepsy diagnoses? now with double the annoying!

            Soooooo Yesterday My viking and I met with a Neurologist regarding the results of my 24 hour EEG.  The tests showed that there were no epileptic events, not even when I fell with the machine on.  So I asked the Dr, "Does this mean I don't have epilepsy?" and he said "Njeeeeaaaaah weeeeell...."  Apparently because the FIRST EEG showed a tiny bit of epileptic activity he can only say that the data points away from epilepsy, instead of a solid yes or no answer.  ANNOYING!  He then went on to preach to me how all of my problems are psychiatric based.  Which also pissed me right the hell off.  It's like telling a stressed person that if they weren't so stressed everything would be less stressful. SO STOP STRESSING!  blech, idiots.   
            Anyhoo, so the Doc. wants to take me off the epilepsy medication, which I am all for.  (I mean, why be on medication I don't need?)  However even that can't be simple, because in order to remove the medication safely I have to be PUT IN THE HOSPITAL FOR A WEEK!!!  This is so they can "observe" me during the withdrawal period.  Ug I'm not looking forward to it.  I'm going to get a call at the beginning of next week to set up when it will happen.  Joy of joys.

I leave you now, with a picture of a frog in a hat.



Love,
Mango Kitty

No comments:

Post a Comment