Sunday, August 5, 2012

Swedes are not Kosher

 As yo may or not know, I stopped eating meat a while back, as an experiment to see if my falling problems were due to excess animal protein in my diet.  We then found out about the Epilepsy, and that riddle was solved.
So I've decided I*m going to start eating meat again. Now comes the question... Pork/No Pork? I grew up in a kosher home and didn't even taste ham until I was in my teens. And to be honest it's not my favorite type of meat (probably because I didn't grow up with it) But in Sweden pork is HUUUUUUUGE! Everyone eats it, and it is without a doubt the cheapest kind of meat you can buy in Sweden.
Kosher- brings me closer to my family traditions, and religion
Non Kosher- A very happy wallet and cheap protein.
Which do I choose?
 I wish I could just say, Kosher of course!  It doesn't matter how much chicken costs  You should never eat pork!  But in the financial situation that we are in, it's just not that easy.  I have eaten pork before, after I left America, so I know how to prepare it.  And in Sweden it's much harder too find ground beef then it is to find ground "meat" which is a combination of pork and beef.  
I do think I would feel a bit guilty if I started eating pork again, though I highly doubt that God would come down from the heavens and squish me like a slug for doing so.  I choose to believe that God knows I'm doing the best I can with what I have right now, and that when I am in the financial situation to eat other meats beside pork, God would be proud of me for re-kosher-ing myself and for making it out of these tough times.
Well I guess I already have my answer then....  non-kosher till I have the means to be kosher.   or until I get squished like a slug... 
Love,Mango Kitty

No comments:

Post a Comment