Wednesday, May 15, 2013

There is hope!

     So I love my internship.  I LOVE my internship.  But my fibromyalgia has been getting worse and worse sense I started there.  To the point where I have missed work and been unable to function regularly.  After discussing it with my new physical therapist and my regular therapist, it was decided that I would need to find a new internship due to physical limitations :(
     So this morning I told my boss that although I have never felt so at home in a work environment, I don't know how long I will be able to continue working there.  A little while later, the man who arranged for my internship at Jyckelyckan arrived, and we had a meeting with my boss.  She said that she doesn't want to loose me as an intern, and is willing to adjust my responsibilities so that I can remain there!  :)
     So we've cut my hours so I just work one day a week, I will no longer be bathing dogs, but will help with drying and brushing sense I can do it while sitting down.  They are also going to look into if there is secretarial work that I can do for them.  They also made it very clear that on days when I have a lot of pain, I am to come into work purely to hang out with them and cuddle with the dogs, NOT to feel like I have to complete all of my tasks when I physically am not able to.

     A nicer boss than mine, can not be found. <3

Love,
Mango Kitty

No comments:

Post a Comment