Saturday, March 23, 2013

Pineapples...

On Wednesday morning we got the call that my Vikings grandfather passed away after a long and painful battle with his failing body.  In the end he slipped away while asleep, with his wife at his side.  It's all we could have hoped for for him. 

He was an incredible man, funny, intelligent, and fiercely stubborn.  Even though I've only known him sense I came to Sweden 6 years ago, I am filled with wonderful memories.  The first time I met him he proudly showed off the only English phrase he knew, which was how to order a beer.  Every Christmas he gave me a pineapple.  No one knows why, he just did, and I loved it.  He was always eager to talk American politics, sports, and news.  He openly accepted me, even with all my  problems and quirks.  I cared for him deeply, and I'm going to miss him a lot.  I'm also going to miss the pineapples...

Love,
Mango Kitty


No comments:

Post a Comment